What is Omnipod Pod Therapy?
- The Omnipod family of insulin delivery devices are made of two core components: the Pod and a handheld device, which wirelessly puts you in control.
- Rather than multiple daily injections, or a traditional tubed insulin pump, the Pod is a small device that you fill with insulin and wear directly on your body. The Pod receives insulin delivery instructions from the Personal Diabetes Manager (Omnipod DASH®) or Controller (Omnipod® 5), and delivers personalised insulin doses into your body through a small, flexible tube called a cannula.
- Each wearable Pod holds up to 200 units of insulin, providing up to 3 days1 of continuous insulin delivery.
The Benefits of Pod Therapy
Wearable: Place the Pod almost anywhere you’d normally inject insulin.
Waterproof2: Wear your Pod in the shower, swimming pool or sea!
Lightweight: The Pod moves with you as you move through daily life.
Discreet: Deliver your bolus insulin with just a few finger taps.
Precise: Say goodbye to half units and deliver customisable doses in 0.05 unit increments.
Needle-free: Automated cannula insertion means you never see a needle.
Introducing Omnipod 5!
Omnipod 5 is the first tubeless automated insulin delivery system (also known as hybrid closed-loop) that integrates with the Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM) System3. The system is approved for people with type 1 diabetes aged 2 and above.
Like Omnipod DASH®, Omnipod 5 Pods continue to be wearable, tubeless, and waterproof2.
Omnipod 5 is a hybrid closed loop system so has three new features:
SmartAdjust™ technology: Every 5 minutes, the system automatically increases, decreases, or pauses basal insulin delivery based on your customised glucose target, helping to protect against highs and lows, day and night4
Activity feature: Activity feature when enabled, reduces insulin delivery, and raises the glucose target in situations where you need less insulin, for example when exercising.
SmartBolus Calculator: The only AID system with a built-in bolus calculator that automatically incorporates your CGM glucose value and trend, so you don’t have to.
Hear from one of our Podders about her experience with Omnipod 5
The Omnipod DASH System
A simple and discreet way to deliver insulin.
The Omnipod DASH System is a tubeless insulin management system that provides continuous insulin delivery for up to 3 days1 and is available for people with type 1 diabetes of all ages.
Omnipod DASH is not an automated insulin delivery system, but rather delivers insulin based on individually programmed basal rates for manual delivery.
The system consists of just 2 primary parts:
- A tubeless, wearable, waterproof2 Pod
- A touch-screen Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM).
Multiple Omnipod DASH PDM features support how you control your insulin:
- You can set a Zero Basal Rate if you require low insulin delivery.
- You can set Fractional Insulin to Carb Ratios (0.1g/U) if you are insulin sensitive.
- The Pod Site Tracker helps you to track your Pod site locations.
- You can set various presets on the Omnipod DASH PDM to establish favourites, tag your activities and personalise insulin delivery based on your daily routine.
Try a free Sample Pod*
If you are wondering what it feels like to wear a Pod, click on the link below to get a free non-functioning sample Pod*.
Please note that you should speak with your diabetes healthcare provider to assess your suitability for Omnipod.
Join an Omnipod Live Demo:
Product overview and demonstration
Insight into the onboarding process with Omnipod
Q&A session and the opportunity to talk with an Omnipod representative
Still have some questions?
Give our friendly Omnipod® Product Specialist team a call on 0800 011 6132* (option 4) who can answer any questions you may have about the Omnipod systems
Watch this short video to understand how our Omnipod Specialist team might be able to help you:
Visit our website for further information and resources
1Up to 72 hours of insulin delivery
2The Pod has a waterproof IP28 rating for up to 7.6 metres (25 feet) for up to 60 minutes. The PDM/Controller is not waterproof. The Dexcom G6 sensor and transmitter are water-resistant and may be submerged under 2.4 metres (8 feet) of water for up to 24 hours without failure when properly installed.
3Dexcom G6 is not included and requires a separate prescription.
4When used in automated mode with Dexcom G6 CGM, the Omnipod 5 System makes adjustments to insulin delivery every 5 minutes based on the user’s current CGM value, glucose values predicted 60 minutes in the future, glucose trend, and past insulin delivery to bring glucose to a user defined target: Bolus for meals and corrections still needed.
5The Sample Pod is a needle-free Pod that does not deliver insulin. PDM/Controller is not included.
*Your call may be monitored and recorded for quality monitoring purposes. Calls to 0800 numbers are free from local landlines, but other networks may charge for these calls
©2023 Insulet Corporation. Omnipod, the Omnipod logo, DASH, the DASH logo, Simplify Life, SmartAdjust and Podder are trademarks or registered trademarks of Insulet Corporation in the USA and other various jurisdictions. All rights reserved. Dexcom and Dexcom G6 are registered trademarks of Dexcom, Inc. and used with permission
1 King St, Hammersmith London W6 9HR. INS-OS-06-2019-00014 v4.
Refer to the Omnipod DASH® and Omnipod 5 System User Guides at omnipod.com for complete safety information including indications, contraindications, warnings, cautions, and instructions.