The precursor to DigiBete was UpBete; an award winning website that was the brainchild of Dr. Philip Holland, Consultant Paediatrician at Leeds Children’s Hospital, who sadly passed away in 2014, shortly after his retirement. Dr. Holland was an innovative, enthusiastic and inspirational doctor who would have very much welcomed the natural evolution of UpBete to the DigiBete platform.
The approach we have taken in the design and delivery of this new educational platform has embodied the values and behaviours of The Leeds Way: Patient-centered, collaborative, fair, accountable and empowered.
The Children and Young People’s Diabetes Team have worked in partnership with their patients and families. By listening to them we now better understand their needs. We have used simple language that is easy to understand so as to empower them to confidently, self-manage their diabetes to the best of their ability. In doing so we hope that we will help our children and young people, who are living with diabetes, to live long and happy complication free lives.
The Living With Diabetes Workbook is broken down into chapters making it easier for you to get to the information you need to make your management more effective. You can download the chapters you need below:
- Chapter A - Introduction and Explanation of Type 1 Diabetes and Treatment and Treatment
- Chapter B - Practical Skills
- Chapter C - Food and Diabetes
- Chapter D - Low and High Glucose Levels
- Chapter E - Preparing for Home
- Chapter F - Emotional Wellbeing & the Diabetes Psychology Service
- Chapter G - Lifestyle and Activity
- Chapter H - Holidays - How to Manage Diabetes Safely
- Chapter I - Problem Solving and Adjusting Insulin
- Chapter J - Diabetes During Illness
- Chapter K - Future Health