If you are not happy for your information to be used in the way that is explained below, you should stop using the DigiBete App and remove it from your device. If you have any questions about the use of your data, please contact us at: email@example.com
It applies to everyone who uses our App.
Personal information is any information that can be linked to you.
This document is split into sections and includes information on the following points:
- Our details.
- The types of information we collect about you.
- The purposes for which we use that information.
- Who we may share your information with.
- How long we keep information about you for.
- Where the information about you is stored.
- The rights you have and how we protect your data.
- Contact details if you have any queries or concerns about what is said in this policy
We have used links to help you get to the information you are interested in. In some places we have provided links to other websites – we are not responsible for the accuracy of any other websites.
We also have a specific Children’s Code Policy which explains how we follow the code and demonstrates that our services use children’s data fairly and whilst following data protection law, ensuring that your best interests are the primary consideration when designing and developing online services.
DigiBete is responsible for keeping the personal information we use safe and making decisions about how it can be used.
The types of information we collect about you.
The information about you which we collect, use and store includes:
- Personal contact details such as your name, date of birth and personal email addresses.
- Medical information which you decide to store in the “My T1D” section of the App.
We will always aim to ensure we keep accurate information about you. To assist with this, we ask that you notify us promptly of any changes to your personal details.
This information will be stored electronically on a computer system.
What do you use my information for?
We may use your information for a number of purposes. To help you use the App and to help us to manage and improve it.
Under data protection laws, each purpose for which we use your information must comply with one of the required legal conditions for processing. These include:
“processing is necessary for the performance of the service we provide …”.
“you have given explicit consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specified purposes”.
“processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation …..”.
Consent can be withdrawn at any time either by using the Contact Us functionality within the DigiBete App or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not have any access and we don’t process or transfer any medical information you upload onto the App to anyone else or any Clinic.
We may also use personal information about you for other reasons for example, we may use it to send you promotional or marketing information about us, or about type 1 promotions or events, relating to our company and business diabetes support partners, or anything in which you show an interest. We may also send you emails, feedback forms or surveys to complete about us or any aspect of the service.
If you are not happy for your information to be used in the way described, and would like to withdraw your consent to process data, you should stop using the DigiBete App and contact us by emailing email@example.com. We will delete your data and revoke app access within 30 days of notice being given.
Do you share my personal information?
We only share your personal information with your Clinic, and we do not share your personal information with any other third parties without your consent.
Our third-party software developers may from time to time have access to the App for maintenance and development purposes and in so doing may access personal information.
Sometimes we may need to share information with the NHS or similar bodies.
How long will you keep personal data about me for?
We will keep information for so long as is needed by law and we will not store information for longer than is needed.
What rights do I have?
The law gives you rights about your personal data, including rights to:
- Request access to your own information
- Request a changeabout the information that we hold about you, for example if it is wrong or incomplete.
- Request deletion of your own information, where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it
- Object to processing of your information where you want to object to processing for a valid reason.
- Request the restriction of processing of your information, where you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for a valid reason.
- Data portability only applies to personal information you have given to us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organisation to another or give it to you, under certain circumstances.
- Withdraw your consent for your personal information to be used for marketing by contacting us and notifying us of your request to opt out.
Where we ask for your consent to process data, we will give you a clear choice in order to comply with the principle that any processing must be lawful, fair, and transparent.
We use Google analytics and cloud messaging functionality to report on anonymised app usage and push notifications.
You can find out more about your rights under the GDPR through the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Email online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
If you do not think that we have complied with your data protection rights or legislation you can complain or appeal to the Information Commissioner’s Office.