JDRF Zip World Velocity Event
Have you ever wanted to fly? Discover Zip World Velocity in Bethesda (Bangor), the fastest zip line wire in the world and the longest zip wire in Europe!
Experience speeds in excess of 100 MPH and enjoy the beautiful scenery of North Wales.
Team JDRF will be taking over Velocity on Sunday 10 September at 2.20 pm – we would love to have you on board!
The event includes:
- A session on the Little Zipper to build your confidence before you take on Velocity
- A ride on Zip World’s famous red trucks that will take you up to the quarry
- Stunning views from the Big Top of Velocity, out towards Anglesey with views of the Isle of Man on a clear day!
- Velocity Zip Wire ride on the Big Zipper over the quarry lake (often reaching speeds in excess of 100mph)
£55 (discounted rate from Zip World’s rates)
Sponsorship target: £200
You can use the zip wire as long as you:
- Are accompanied by a participating adult if you are under the age of 18 years old (Children must be accompanied by one participating adult in respect of 3 children). The minimum age requirement is 10 years old and the oldest Zip Wire rider to date was 94 years old
- Do not weigh more than 120kg and weigh over 30kg
- Are under 7 foot tall and over 120cm (4 feet) tall
- Check with Zip World’s Medical Conditions restriction list that you are able to use the zip line. There is full information on medical conditions that may preclude participation in Activities which can be found on the Zip World Website. If you are living with type 1 diabetes, Miranda (Wales Regional Fundraiser) will be in touch to ask a few questions stipulated by Zip World.
If you do have any questions about whether you can use the zip wire, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the details below and we will be more than happy to help.
Get in touch
For more information, email Miranda Burdett at email@example.com or call 07908 155605.
Your zip wire experience takes approximately two hours; please arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled booking time. We have booked the Zipwire for one session at 2.20pm, so please arrive at 1.50pm.
All supporters who participate in Zip World activities are required to sign an acknowledgement of risk and conditions of participation form on the day of the zip wire.
Zip World Velocity is weather dependent. For safety reasons Zip World may introduce amendments to weight restrictions or even adventure postponement. When this is necessary it will be shown on the Ride Status page of the website. In such instances JDRF will work with Zip World to reschedule your booking within the next 12 months or you are entitled to a refund.
All supporters who participate in Zip World activities are required to sign an acknowledgement of risk and conditions of participation form on the day of the zip wire
Zip World strongly advise you to wear warm/waterproof clothing, on warm summer days please still bear in mind the zip lines are in a mountainous environment where temperatures are significantly lower than elsewhere.